A freak accident where a 82 year old octogenarian died after the front lift door of their apartment opened accidentally and he fell on the terrace of the lift which was still at the ground floor. Two year old grandchild was saved in the accident as he stayed back. The accident shocked everyone as technically the front door of the lift should not open until the lift comes.
According to the details 82 year old Ramkrishna Rao Motiram Vankhede was living in Akshar Enclave B-503 at Vasna Bhayli road with his son and family. On Friday evening he went with his two year old grandchild Namay for a walk at the compound of the enclave.
However when they both reached near the lift on 5th floor the front door suddenly opened inspite the lift was at the first floor. The octogenarian Ramkrishna Rao thought that the lift was on their floor and step forward but fell down on the terrace of the lift five floor down.
After saw his grandfather fell down the innocent Namay run inside the home and called his father Prakash Vankhede who rushed towards the lift at first floor. After saw his father in the pool of blood he was stunned and broke the lift door and took out his father.
After that Prakash rushed his father to the hospital but he died on the way before get any treatment. “The first door of the lift never open in any circumstances but on the ill-fated day the door opened on the fifth floor and my father accidentally fell and died. We never imagine such a incident happened to us,” said Prakash.
Taluka police registered the case and further investigating the matter.