More

    2021 BWF World Championships rescheduled to not clash with Olympics

    Must Read

    ALTBalaji to conduct Writers’ Lab, a YouTube online masterclass series

    To inspire & educate aspiring students of cinema To bridge the gap between...

    Short termination of some Western Railway special trains due to Kisan agitation in Punjab

    Due to the ongoing Kissan agitation in Punjab, some WR  special trains will be short terminated.     According to...

    Covid 19 cases reached 14301 in Vadodara after 98 new cases on Friday

    Total 108 discharged from hospital taking the total to 12515 Covid 19 cases in...

    The badminton world championship slated for August next year in Spain will now take place from November 29 to December 5, the sport’s apex body said on Friday, postponing its showpiece to avoid a clash with the Olympics. “The Badminton World Federation (BWF) and Spanish Badminton Federation (FESBA) can confirm the BWF World Championships traditionally scheduled for August 2021 will now take place at the end of 2021 from Monday 29 November to Sunday 5 December,” the BWF said in a statement.

    The world championship has traditionally been an annual event, which is however not held in an Olympic year. But, with the 2020 Tokyo Games postponed to next year owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, it will be the first time that the prestigious event will be conducted in the Olympic year. The decision to postpone the

    Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games to 23 July to 8 August and 24 August until 5 September 2021 only confirmed this move, the BWF said.

    The BWF had suspended all tournaments till end of July in light of the escalating cases of the novel coronavirus, which has infected over 30 lakh people worldwide. The governing body had also frozen the world rankings, saying standings as on March 17 will be the basis for entry and seedings when it restarts the international calendar. The BWF added, “the remainder of the 2021 BWF Tournament Calendar is yet to be finalised” and “a further announcement will be made on the qualifying process for next year’s Olympic Games, Paralympic Games and World Championships.” Sindhu had claimed the crown last year at Switzerland, while B Sai Praneeth had won a bronze in the tournament, becoming the first Indian male shuttler in 36 years to achieve the feat.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    Latest News

    ALTBalaji to conduct Writers’ Lab, a YouTube online masterclass series

    To inspire & educate aspiring students of cinema To bridge the gap between...

    Short termination of some Western Railway special trains due to Kisan agitation in Punjab

    Due to the ongoing Kissan agitation in Punjab, some WR  special trains will be short terminated.     According to a press release issued by...

    Covid 19 cases reached 14301 in Vadodara after 98 new cases on Friday

    Total 108 discharged from hospital taking the total to 12515 Covid 19 cases in Vadodara reached 14301 mark after...

    Vadodara SOG team arrested one for selling ganja in the city

    Supplier absconding Vadodara SOG team exposed a ganja supply network after laid a trap at the Karelibaug area of...

    IPL: Chennai Super Kings to clash with Mumbai Indians today

    In IPL Cricket, Chennai Super Kings will clash with Mumbai Indians in Sharjah today. Earlier, Sunrisers Hyderabad trashed Rajasthan Royals by eight...

    More Articles Like This

    - Advertisement -